This recipe includes brewer’s yeast which may repel fleas. Do not use in place of a vet approved flea treatment.
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/4 c brewer’s yeast
- 1 Tbs veg oil (although I’ve found that rendered animal fat makes them smell really good to dogs, try bacon fat or left over fat from roasting a chicken or turkey.)
- 1/2 c beef or chicken stock
- preheat oven to 375
- mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- mix the broth with the oil and then slowly add it to the dry while mixing well with a spatula or hands
- roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut to desired shape
- bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm and crisp
This makes around 24 treats. These treats will keep for 2 weeks at room temp. Refrigerate or freeze if not used within this time.