Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 2/3 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic – smashed and then minced
- two hand-fulls of flatleaf parsley – finely chopped
- two hand-fulls of mint leaves – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses (optional)
- 2 Tbs high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup+ water
Ingredients for the flatbread:
- 1 x 15oz bag of riced broccoli (you can also use cauliflower or any other riced veggie blend or rice your own with a food processor and a few pulses)
- 2-3 cloves garlic – smashed and then minced
- 1 cup + 2 Tbs shredded mozarella
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- scant 1/2 tsp berbere spice mix (you can buy this online here at World Spice)
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce, except for the water in a bowl. Add the water, a little at a time, until you have a thick sauce with a pour-able consistency. You may need to add a bit more water depending on the thickness of your tahini paste and other ingredients.
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Add your riced broccoli into a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover it and heat on high for around 6-7 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Give it a few stirs to start cooling it down. Add the garlic, and berbere and stir. Once it has cooled a bit add the shredded cheese. Stir to incorporate and then add the eggs and stir the mixture again.
- Onto a large baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, add your broccoli mixture. Use a large spatula to spread it around. I like to keep mine on the thinner side (a little less than 1/4″ thick) as it helps to give it a nice dry consistency when it is done. Bake for 25 minutes on a middle rack. Give it a check and rotate it after 17 minutes.
- Cut it up into your desired shape. I find a pizza cutter works well. Serve with tahini.
- This recipe also works well as a low-carb wrap bread. I find it pairs well with my Israeli Chicken Meatballs.